Cancelling Processing Payment

ReturnZero
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to cancel a payment(adding funds to my own account from my bank) which is processing but there is no cancel button under transaction details, any help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Once processing you can't stop it.

What you can do is once it is in your paypal account click on the withdraw funds tab and send it back to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jasonsmith
New Community Member
The card I added money with is an old card and Dosent exists, I can't remove the card because there is a payment pending? Is there anyway I can cancel the payment to remove the old card ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Jasonsmith,

Welcome to the community forum!

You cannot add funds from a card however you can add funds from an actual bank account. If this is what you have done then this transfer takes 5-7 working days to clear. If this transaction fails you will be notified.

If you wish to remove a card  I would suggest adding another card and making it your primary card, that way once any pending transfers clear from your bank you can remove the card you no longer wish to use.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Shawna0711
New Community Member
I attempted to add funds from my bank account to my PayPal account , and my bank was overdrawn at the time so the transfer failed. Now that I have money in my bank account, I'm just wondering if PayPal will keep trying to transfer the funds from my bank even though it says failed under status?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi Shawna0711,

Welcome to our community page.

I am sorry to hear that. Due to bank processing times, it may take up to 7 working days for us to receive a failure notice from your bank. If we receive this, we may try to collect the money from your backup payment method, your credit card. If we collect the money from this card, no further action will be required from you.

If our attempts to charge the remaining amount from your bank/card fails, your PayPal balance will show an amount owing to us. In this instance, your PayPal account's functionality may become limited until your balance is brought back to zero (or above).

We'll ask you to resolve this within 7 working days. Adding money (or receiving a payment) can resolve this.

You can add money:

• Using a card (instantly).
  • Using your bank account (usually within 2 hours).
  • By posting us a personal cheque, postal order, or banker's draft (7 business days after we receive your payment your balance will be updated).

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.