Can't withdraw funds after 21 days...

grungekid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm really confused - I wondered if anyone would be able to help me...

As I am fairly new to ebay and Paypal, the 21 days holding of funds applies to my account. It has now been 21 days since I sold an item on ebay and received the money, yet it still shows as Pending and Paypal won't let me withdraw it... why is this? Do I need to contact paypal directly? I don't understand...

Cheers!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally 21 day hold and funds released on day 22.

If not released just email them via contact us bottom of paypal pages and give them the transaction number and tell them that is have been over 21 days.

If your buyer has left feedback then the funds should be released earlier so if next time that happens and it is not released then again email paypal.

Bit of a pain really as they should release funds as soon as you meet their requirements.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

grungekid
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your advice - that makes sense. And yeah, it's such a pain! 😕

Login to Me Too

Rena282
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone else as disgusted as I am that you have to wait 21 days to withdrawal funds from PayPal for selling an item on eBay? This has only just started happening with my PayPal account and  to say I'm angry is an understatement!

What is the point of eBay having a 1 day, 3 day or 5 day bidding window if you have to wait 21 days to withdrawal the money through PayPal once the buyer has paid.

The whole point of some people selling items on eBay with a short sale window is to make some QUICK money! I can more than understand needing to make sure transactions run smoothly and to make sure that buyers rights are protected, but what about the Seller?

I don't sell things on eBay often, but when I do it's because I really need the money. Ihave an excellent rating on eBay both as a buyer and seller and its all very well putting a tracking number down once you've posted the item, but we can't hound a buyer to give us positive feedback just so we have to wait 21 days to withdrawal funds for PayPal! If we start pestering buyers to leave feedback then we are going to end up receiving negative feedback out of spit! I'm still waiting for 2 of my buyers to give me feedback for items I sold 2 weeks ago! Why should I be penalised as a result?

I made a complaint to PayPal on Friday and was told my account would be reviewed and that I would be notified within 72 hours of the decision. I'm still waiting and getting more angry by the hour!

Absolutely disgusted by this policy!

Login to Me Too

Rena282
Contributor
Contributor

Have now removed my remaining items for sale on eBay and will sell them elsewhere as I'm not prepared to wait 21 days for payment and will now only ever use eBay & PayPal to buy things. So disgusted...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope didn't find it a problem. Listed 100 cheapish items and when complete the holds were released.

As for the holds they are part of buyer protection and as i can sell items for a wider coverage and for higher money on ebay and accepting paypal i will continue.

I rarely waited for 21 days as most buyers left feedback on receipt so i think only a handful of items had the 21 day wait.

If a seller refuses to refund a buyer then under buyer protection rules paypal end up doing it so to protect them as a business they hold payments for new sellers...........sounds good business sense to me. If i had to lend money to someone or a business i would want to make sure they were reliable to.

So you are prepared to use ebay to buy using that buyer protection and using sellers that have a good proven record by going through the process of the payment holds?????    Smiley Wink 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

michellerw9
New Community Member

I'm as disgusted as you!!!  This is ridiculous.  I am VERY new to ebay and this is my first sale.  I am only selling because I just need some quick cash and I don't really use the item.  I have someone right now who bought it and I just learned about this 21 day holding.  I have not shipped the product and don't think I am going through with it.  

Basically we are at the mercy of the buyers.  Once we ship to them...thats it!  What if a buyer lies and says that it wasn't what they thought or made something up to dispute.  Now you gave your item away!  

I WON"T be at the mercy of this Pay-Pal.  Exactly...they make sure they get their money.  I'm canceling my sale.  I will send a private note to the buyer.  I WILL NEVER USE PAY PAL

Login to Me Too

TheKondy
New Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem - my funds are not available after 5 weeks of waiting. After 21 days, I received an email that the money had been "made available" and I can now pay via may PayPal balance. However, after visiting the site, the money are still listed only in my Total Balance, not my Available Balance, and I cannot use them to pay.

You mentioned in this comment that I can contact PayPal and give them the transaction number, but when I click "contact us", it only gives me a number of options that I can choose from and then an automatized answer, which is useless in this case, because, apparently, according to PayPal, there can exist no such problem as "not having your funds available after 21 days". How can I contact them and state my concern and plea for them to look at the transaction and my account? I suspect there has been some flaw in the system which did not make the funds available, but I cant seem to reach the responsible people anywhere...

Thank you, have a great day! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Dawn341
New Community Member

I. like many of you, am disgusted at this 21 day hold.  My tracking number states that the item was received, e-bay sent me an e-mail stating that because I received feedback that my funds were available.  it has now been 30 days or one FULL month and Paypal has not released my funds.  Attempting to contact them is useless so I filed a police report with my local agency stating that paypal facilitated the theft of my goods because I, in good faith, mailed my goods to the buyer but I *did not* receive any money for the legal transaction through e-bay.  I hate to go down this road but I'm tired of waiting for my money when I, in good faith, completed my end of the transaction.  Now, I'm out my merchandise and I have no money for the sale.  Paypal, in essence, has stolen my money.

Login to Me Too

usless
New Community Member

Hi all,

Just sold my beloved iphone on ebay over a 24hr action because i needed to buy nappies and food for my kids, (I was recently let go from work) only to discover that I now have to wait 21 days for the money to clear ? How am i suposed to send the phone if I cant pay for the postage and packaging. This seems to make no sence to me? I added the cost for postage and packing to the ebay listing thing when the winning bid pays I could then post? someone pls help!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.