Can I withdraw money to a prepaid card (other than Paypal Access)?

HughHopper
New Community Member

I currently withdraw money to a normal UK bank account. Now I would like to add my Pockit pre-paid Mastercard as a withdrawal option, alongside my bank account. My aim is to get access to my Paypal balance as cash, without using my bank account.

I know there is a Paypal Access card, but it's different. With an Access card I can withdraw my balance as cash, true, but I can't do other things with it - like pay cash directly into it at a Paypoint newsagent.

I have added my Pockit card, confirmed it with the 4 digit code, and it shows in my list. So why can't I add it as a withdrawal option?

If it is not possible, can a moderator explain why? There can be no money laundering issues as a) it's a Mastercard with full transparency of ownership and b) you already have my bank account details on file and can trace me there.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there HughHopper,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, if you have a PayPal account, at present it's not possible to withdraw money from a UK PayPal account balance to a credit or debit card. You can still withdraw money to your local bank account! 

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Kasha1
Contributor
Contributor
What if you don't have a bank account. This is the reason I have a POCKIT card like I'm sure many others have it because of this. POCKIT card does have a sort code & account number. It will also have direct debit option in near future. Can it be set up as bank account & withdraw to it. Im trying to do that just now, but waiting to see if I can validate it. (still waiting on the numbers needed popping up on my POCKIT statement) Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi Kasha1, 

Unfortunately, you can not use a Pockit account as a bank account with PayPal. Pockit is a prepaid card, not a bank. Prepaid cards are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and therefore do not meet the requirements to be added as a bank account to your PayPal account.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Kasha1
Contributor
Contributor
I did manage to set up it PayPal also took £1 from the account (which I thought they would put back and haven't 😔) the thing is POCKIT told me I shouldn't as there have been issues with the money actually being transferred back to POCKIT when doing withdrawals. So now I'm scared to test it out. Thing is since trying to set it up as a bank account I tried to pay through PayPal on a website which my card (like I have for few years now) & the payments were cancelled twice. Don't know what's happened
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.