Bank withdrawal pending for over a week

fairlyknotted
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to withdraw money from my bank account to make a purchase online on Febuary 9th it's STILL pending. It is now the 18th. This is ridiculous. Is this normal for PayPal? Should I stop using this service?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Why are you uploading funds to your paypal account in the first place to buy?

2. Have you added a debit card?

3. Have you actually added your bank account and set up the direct debit mandate?

4. Up to you if you want to use paypal or not but if you don't then let me know before i spend the time responding to help you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Why are you uploading funds to your paypal account in the first place to buy?

2. Have you added a debit card?

3. Have you actually added your bank account and set up the direct debit mandate?

4. Up to you if you want to use paypal or not but if you don't then let me know before i spend the time responding to help you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fairlyknotted
Contributor
Contributor

I was hoping to use PayPal as my primary way to pay for games on Steam. I have linked the bank account to my PayPal account and the withdrawal is pending. That's all I know. And yes, I have a debit card. If it helps, my bank is CIBC. I NEED the money on the account within the next week, so there is time to get this sorted out, but I am in a bit of a rush.

Login to Me Too

fairlyknotted
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I apparently JUST got it now. Thanks anyway, dude.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Great but don't forget you do not have to upload funds to paypal to buy stuff.

Just pay the seller and the funds will be debited direct from your bank account  / card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.