Bank account needs additional review

HMA
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my Paypal account to my bank account this morning, there was no link to my bank account so I've had to 'add' my account, then an error message comes up saying 'the account you entered would need additional review. Please link a different bank account'.  However, my account has been verified for some time, so why am I being asked for further ID?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

wez9149
New Community Member

i have exactly the same an am trying to get an answer but havent had a response yet ! its been going on for three days now 😞

Login to Me Too

kevinevans
New Community Member

I am having the exact same issue.

My account was working fine until recently where it suddenly removed my bank account and I can't seem to re-add it. I've tried emailing support, but of course, Paypal has dreaded and awful support and it's been a few weeks now, with no response. I really need to send some money to people and Paypal seems to be effectively broken.

If this issue isn't resolved soon, I'll have to find a new way to do money transfers online.

Login to Me Too

Heather1961
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, It says link bank account and when i try it says bank account needs additional review. What does that actually mean?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Heather1961,

For this type of issue, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support so we can take a closer look. You can find our details by clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page when you're logged in.

Thanks!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Heather1961
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sophie,

I did as you suggested and now my bank account has been linked. Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

zeeman69
New Community Member

I have the same problrm and i have tried deleting my other account and have emailed them about ten minutes ago and i still get the same message that PayPal needs to additional review

Login to Me Too

sellerno1
Contributor
Contributor

What did you have to do

Login to Me Too

thamina
Contributor
Contributor
How can I get my bank account an additional review? It needs an additional review. Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Emilia

Hi thamina,

thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

I'd suggest to contact our Facebook or Twitter so we can take a closer look at your issue.

We're here to help! Hope that helps. - Emilia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.