Available balance / Withdraw

mrsilversirok
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

This morning I received a remittance to my Paypal account - it is showing in the Activity section.  Both transaction and account are denominated in EUR.

This remittance is however not showing as Available Balance in my account.  Subsequently, if I try making a withdrawal, I am getting the 'There’s nothing to withdraw right now' message.

Is there a time lag until a remittance is shown as available?  Or is there an account setting which needs to be set?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrsilversirok

If you are in the UK and want to withdraw euros then you need to convert them first..........fees will of course apply   Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrsilversirok
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass,

I'm based in Malta so my currency is EUR.

My main concern is that Available Balance is still Nil.  The last payment I did with Paypal has its description now as 'Refunded'.  I can clearly see the incoming payment in the transaction listing, but does not appear as Available balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrsilversirok

If you want accurate advice then its useful when posting on the UK forum to actually say if you are not in the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrsilversirok
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass,

You're right, apologies.

So my account is in EUR and also received funds in EUR.

To give more background on the transactions,  a couple of weeks ago I made 3 transfers from my Paypal account to a website.  Each transfer was for the same EUR amount (i.e. EUR XX for 3 times were sent in total to this website).  

My Paypal card is linked to a VISA card - enough funds were available at all time.

Yesterday I withdrew some funds from the aforementioned website.  The withdrawal was for EUR XX (equal to one of the payments previously done).  The website notified that payment from their end was cleared.  

In Paypal transaction listing I can also see this incoming payment.  However it is not showing as Available Balance (and subsequently I cannot withdraw the said funds).

P.s. I have a Standard account (not a business account).

Regards, 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrsilversirok

Sorry went to the gym and swimming then shopping etc.

Try this  >>

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie  payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mrsilversirok
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass,

No worries! Actually thanks for following up!

I understand your point - I haven't done any such transctions in the meantime, but I presume it would work like that (i.e. first accessing Paypal funds, and then resort to the linked VISA).

But in my case, I need to withdraw the mentioned funds.  In the future I expect similar incoming remittances and to me they're no use if they're "stuck" in Paypal balance.  I used Paypal as I expected it to be a safer way to accept payments - but if ultimately I cannot withdraw such payments I would rather not use Paypal at all.

I hope you (or any other reader) can understand what my issue is.  

Would having a business account help?

Under what circumstances can a withdrawal be made?

Could it be that; if the total incoming remittances from the website previously mentioned, are larger than the payments previously made to this specific website, only then I will be able to withdraw funds? 

Sounds a bit too complex - I'm just trying to understand how Paypal works. 

Regards,

Login to Me Too

mrsilversirok
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE - funds are now showing in my VISA (were directly sent there - after almost 3 days - no need for withdrawal).

Case closed, thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.