Adding money to balance through direct debit doesn't work

DAN911
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried to add some money to my balance through direct debit as I've done hundreds of times already. But in the past couple of days it doesn't seem to work anymore. I've tried both the app and the website but nothing..
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MarkO64
New Community Member

I've been debiting funds from my bank account to the Paypal account for a few years now and then suddenly since Friday 30th June 2017, "Add Funds by Electronic Funds Transfer" ends in me getting..."Sorry, we're unable to process your request..."

I've phoned up customer service three times today (and also checked my bank) and they all tell me that there's nothing wrong with my account.

But that hasn't cured the problem I'm still having. Nobody has suggested or done anything! I was even told to try through another browser...erm, that didn't work either!

Now what do I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi all,

Welcome to the PayPal community.

If you are still having problems with the direct debit process can you try removing the bank acocunt and adding it again. When you do this you will need to complete the confirmation process again.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Maxx20
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

Exactly the same issue here, no indication as to what's wrong with it, just the unhelpful message.

Login to Me Too

ecorbett86
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue, I've tried several times this month with a few different bank accounts and just get the error message "Sorry, we're unable to process your request", very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

copers
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem experienced on my account throughout July.

Login to Me Too

matzcatz
New Community Member

I am having the same problem not able to add money using Direct Debit from my banks why???? please help customer service is useless!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi matzcatz, 

Sorry to see that you have not yet received a response for any other members. Are you still having issues with this?  If so can you post what error message you are getting so we can help. Can you also check to ensure that you have had no recent failed payments and that the direct debit is still active for your PayPal account. 

Thanks for posting and will keep an eye out for your response. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

PraiseTheSun
New Community Member

Hi Everyone

I've been having the same problem (not being able to add funds to my PayPal balance by direct debit from a linked bank account). The option simply isn't there! It only allows me to write down some bank details to then use for a bank transfer. This started to occur around June/July just as the OP described.

I have had success using the PayPal mobile app to add funds to my PayPal balance by Direct Debit. The option to do this is still there for some reason....

It might be a work around for some of you until PayPal gets their act together and sorts this. Figured I'd share

Hope it helps someone

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.