Adding money by direct debit

SD11
Contributor
Contributor

when I try to add money to my account by direct debit I receive this message "Sorry, we're unable to process your request."  I've done this many times before without any difficulty - why might this may be happening now when the process has always been very straightforward before and any ideas about how to resolve it?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi SD11,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you've added your bank account to your PayPal account, you can move money from your bank account to your PayPal account for free. 

Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Under 'PayPal balance', click Add money.
  3. Under 'You move money from your bank account', click Continue.
  4. Make a note of our bank details (in red) and log in to your online banking to make a payment to your PayPal account.

Your money will probably arrive in your PayPal account within a few minutes, but it could take up to 2 hours. We’ll email you when it arrives.

For the transfer to be successful:

• Your bank and your PayPal account need to be registered in the UK
  • The name on your bank account needs to match the name on your PayPal account
  • You need to have sufficient money in your bank account

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

SD11
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply and advice Siobhan2 but I don't want to add money by bank transfer, I specifically want to use the direct debit option - if you have any remedy for why that option isn't working I'd be really grateful!
Login to Me Too

3ngin33r
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I emailed support about it and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I've checked your account and I agree with you that both of your bank accounts have been confirmed and were properly set up for direct debit on us.

There is currently a known issue with unable to adding to PayPal account. We know this may be frustrating and we’re working hard to fix the problem immediately.

We have noted that your account has been affected by this and will pass on the information to our technical support teams.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and thank you for your patience.

So they don't give a solution, or a time frame. Quite annoying as it worked well up to 2 months ago!

Login to Me Too

SD11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that 3ngin33r - it may not be a resolution but at least now I know it's not just me having this problem and they are aware of it - much appreciated!

Login to Me Too

DaveWP
Contributor
Contributor

Resolving this problem just seems to be dragging on with no sign of when the will be fixed.  Perhaps Paypal could provide a service update on (a) their progress, and (b) an estimated time when the issue will be resolved.

It would be nice if Paypal could show they are taking this issue seriously and not hidding, by providing weekly update on progress.

It is not even clear if Paypal have formally acknowledged the problem - vis providing a service update and some statement of whether the issue just affects say <10 customers, or whether the number of customers affected is measured in '000 or '0,000s, or even ',000,000s!

Login to Me Too

SD11
Contributor
Contributor

You're right DaveWP - no resolution, no update and no interest from paypal - not my idea of good customer service! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello DaveWP,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your feedback.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

DaveWP
Contributor
Contributor
I have been in contact with the Customer Services team regularly for the past 4 weeks with no resolution, they are just saying a patch is needed without giving any idea of priority or when the issue will be fixed. I will refrain from using an expletive to describe thoughts on Paypal's quality of service and customer focus in addressing this issue. From other posts, this issue affects other customers. It would be nice (and demonstrate Paypal's customer focus) if they would come clean on the numbers of customers affected and when the issue will be resolved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.