Adding Funds to my paypal account is not possible.

Vichou
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. When I click "Add Funds" it shows:

Add Funds is Not Available  

PayPal does not currently offer the ability to add funds from your bank account. 

When you make a payment, PayPal charges the buyer's credit card and instantly credits the seller's PayPal account.

Any idea how to fix this? Do I need money on my paypal account to buy things? Or it will automatically be pulled from my bank account? I need a rply ASAP. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you need to refund then you need to add funds via a BANK ACCOUNT linked and verified to your paypal account.

That is your bank account and not debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account ie bank account or cards. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vichou
Contributor
Contributor

I have VISA credit card linked. I just confirmed my card today as I received the four digit unique number to my statement. Or do I have to wait 3 days to take this in effect? All I need is to add funds to my paypal account from my bank. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK you cannot add funds from a card in the UK only from a bank account (not debit card) linked and verified on your paypal account.

BUT you do not need to add funds as a buyer.

As a buyer you never need to have funds in your paypal balance to fund purchases. Paypal take it directly from your funding source.

However it works like this as a defaullt system.

If you do have funds in your paypal balance (1) in the correct currency then paypal will always debit from there first and if you don't then they debit it from any bank account (2) you have linked to your paypal account.

HOWEVER if you ONLY have a bank account linked then it will go as an echeque and take a few days to clear UNLESS you also have a card registered on paypal as a back up as well in which case they will credit your seller instantly so you get your item more quickly whilst they are transfering funds from your bank account.

If you only have a card (3) registered then as long as there are no funds in your paypal balance then it will be debited directly from there.

If you have a bank account and want to pay with one of your cards instead then during the payment process you can click on "other funding options" just above the amount you are paying and select a card instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vichou
Contributor
Contributor

Oh thank you very much! 

But how will I add the cash if I want to refund someone? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you need to refund then you need to add funds via a BANK ACCOUNT linked and verified to your paypal account.

That is your bank account and not debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

saskia16

sorry to interrupt...

but I've been having the same problem too..

But you're post made it clear however...

I still want to know how can I possibly add money to my paypal? in order for me to buy and purchase stuffs over the internet?

That's my problem right now...i dunno how? =/

hope you guys can help me.. =( id appreciate it so much...

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You don't need to add funds to your paypal account to purchase stuff via paypal.

Its only sellers that often have funds in their paypal balance etc.

If you have a debit or credit card linked to your paypal account and buy something then paypal will take direct from your funding source. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aleko555
New Community Member

What you mean by NEVER, I'm trying to procces payment with 3rd pary Elance and Freelance, and it doesnt work if I have no funds in my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi aleko555

Have u linked your ppal to your bank account?

Is your account verified

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.