Problem Withdrawing money from paypal to my bank account.

Nawnii
Contributor
Contributor

On Saturday, I sent 150$ USD from my Paypal account to my M&T Bank account, the notification said 3-4 business days for that to happen, which is fine. Well I wake up this morning and to my suprise paypal says the transaction is complete already. So I log into my bank account and the money isn't there. Now is there more time I have to wait for my money to get to my bank? Because right now I don't have 150$ in my paypal, nor in my bank, and im starting to get frustrated even though it says the transaction is complete. Please help me.

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

clairejayne90
Contributor
Contributor
So its now been 72hrs since I withdrew my money. Surprise surprise its not there. So now your going to tell me its my bank yet it still says pending in PayPal. I also sent an email over 48hrs ago which I didn't get a reply to. I want my money and I will not be using PayPal again!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So now your going to tell me its my bank yet it still says pending in PayPal. I also se

We don't HAVE to tell you anything, we post to "try" and help you but don't know all the answers as we don't work for paypal we are just ebay sellers that help out here.

email over 48hrs ago which I didn't get a reply to

You won't which is why you were advised to phone, its free from most landlines.

I want my money and I will not be using PayPal again!

No prob, up to you if you don't want to sell on ebay again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteveParker
Contributor
Contributor
I have been selling a few items on ebay this week and each time I withdrawal the money to my bank account I find that it's pending. I phoned the first time and was advised it was a security thing to make sure the banking system is working correctly. The second time I sent an email and a person wrote back reassuring me that I was not being picked on. Now today my balance is pending for up to 72 hours. How can my last 3 withdrawals this week (and I have only withdrawan 3 times) be 'pending' and not be picked on? Steve Parker
Login to Me Too

Chris1802
New Community Member
I have had a withdrawal pending for 4 days. Does anyone had this experience. I just keep getting put back to the page with the questions. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi SteveParker & Chris1802,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

I'd like to do my best to answer your queries about pending withdrawals.

Bank withdrawals are held from time to time for reivew. This is just one of the ways we keep the PayPal environment secure, you see.

We cannot proivde the exact reason why this happens to a particular withdrawal but possible reasons include:

• You may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account recently
  • You may have started selling more expensive items
  • You may have started to sell different items
  • You may have made changes to your account profile (such as adding a new address or a new bank account)
  • You may have accessed your account differently recently (such as logging in from abroad)
  • You may have received a higher-than-usual number of chargebacks, refunds, complaints or claims recently
  • You may have reported unauthorised activity on your PayPal account recently  

Reviews can take anywhere between 24 and 72 hours but this should only happen occasionally and not effect all withdrawals.

@Chris1802 , I'm surpised your withdrawal has been pending for 4 days. Has it cleared through to your bank now?

I hope this answers the queries you have about this process and enjoy your day!

Conor

Login to Me Too

teacosy
Contributor
Contributor

Usually a withdrawl from my PayPal account takes 2 hours to reach my bank, but the last 2 withdrawls I had 'Paymant Pending' and was informed (after requesting the withdrawl online) it could take up to 72 hours to reach my account. Phoned PayPal and they said it was pending due to a random security check and after the 72 hours everthing regarding my account would be back to normal. The two payments totaling approx. £23 have been released to my bank account, BUT a refund due to me and a further withdrawl of £5.00 (wanted to see if the security check had been lifted) I have been informed (online) will be another 72 hours. Although the figures are small, why is this 'Payment Pending' due to a security check still on my account????? Is this going to happen everytime I withdraw funds, or send or receive a refund? 

Anyone else having this problem?

Login to Me Too

Christianjn
Contributor
Contributor
What is this Your withdrawal request is awaiting release for final processing, pending review by PayPal.? I got an email saying wait 24 hours for the withdrawal request to happen it's been more then 24hours already. I have never had a problem with Paypal. I get money sent every month for the past 3 months and I have been using my eBay account with paypal for years. I just need that money that have have requested. It's only £100 but I get his by this stupid system check. I've withdrawn much high in the past and got no problem there at all.
Login to Me Too

immmy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm waiting for £39 to be sent to my bank account, I spoke  to a manger who kept going on about money laundering, its £39 WTF!!!!

*Post edited to comply with forum guidelines. Please be careful when posting links to external websites and posting on multiple threads with the same comment, as this is against our community guidelines*

Login to Me Too

Christianjn
Contributor
Contributor
We'll I finally got it requested another withdraw and it's still pending... Funny how it's system does the check randomly
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Random security check , we all get them from time to time, the nice thing is that most payments are instant Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.