50p charge for failed withdrawal yesterday

jaydeeboro
Contributor
Contributor

I like many others on this board had a funds withdrawal immediately reversed yesterday and was charged a fee of 50p.

Many people wrote that they had spoken to paypal who confirmed the issue issue was with their system and would be fixed yesterday.  It does seem to be fixed now, but sign of returning the 50p fee. 

This is not a lot to each person but I expect is a massive amount added together. 

Would Paypal care to post an update on what you are doing to refund the fees charged due to your issue, and completely beyond your customers' control?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi jaydeeboro,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I understand your concerns regarding the fee charged for your recent reversed withdrawal.

I can confirm that at this time, we're awaiting an update on the action that will be taken in relation to these fees on a widespread basis. On an individual level, we are of course reversing any fees incurred by any customers who contact us to make us aware that they were affected by this issue. If you'd like your fee reversed, you can contact us directly. Thanks for making us aware of this 🙂

Sophie

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi jaydeeboro,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I understand your concerns regarding the fee charged for your recent reversed withdrawal.

I can confirm that at this time, we're awaiting an update on the action that will be taken in relation to these fees on a widespread basis. On an individual level, we are of course reversing any fees incurred by any customers who contact us to make us aware that they were affected by this issue. If you'd like your fee reversed, you can contact us directly. Thanks for making us aware of this 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

jaydeeboro
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sophie, they've now refunded the charge.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.