trying to add or update credit card details

taz1ril
New Community Member

trying to add a credit card but apparently this card is already linked to my paypal account although its not  on my list of cards - how do i add or update it?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi taz1ril,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting your query!

When you are adding a new or replacement card to your PayPal account, you need to choose the “My Money” option under the “Profile” tab. Once this loads, click on “Update” beside debit or credit cards. If you have a new 16 digit card number, I’d recommend choosing the option “Add card”. If you are changing the expiry date, click “Edit” next to the card you wish to amend.

Please repost and let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Maria 

Login to Me Too

dar-tec
New Community Member

I've actually upgraded my cc details including the cc code from my statement but i'm still getting the message that i need to upgrade??? Do i need to do it again?? Have I done som thing wrong?

Login to Me Too

chiristine
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sirs you keep on refusing my new  credit  number I have tried over a dozen to enter it to have it refuse The last four figures are xxxx and expire date is xxxx Please help sa I want to buy on EBAY.  Thank you

[Post edited to comply with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi chiristine,

Welcome to the Community Forum! It sounds like your card may be declined by your issuing bank. I'd recommend contacting them directly to ensure that the card is enabled for use on PayPal.

Try to add the card again, and please let us know if you have any more issues.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi dar-tec,

Welcome to the Community Forum! It sounds like you have confirmed your card using the confirmation code we sent to you. Can you tell me the specific error message you're receiving and what action you are trying to take which leads to this so we can assist?

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

vixenhope
Contributor
Contributor

i have a new debit card,how do i get to register it,thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi vixenhope,

Here’s how to add a card to your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select 'My money'.
    • If you've never added a card to your account before, in the 'Debit and credit cards' section, click 'Add Card'.
    • Otherwise, in the 'Debit and credit cards' section, click 'Update', and click 'Add Card' on the next page.
  4. Enter the required information and click 'Link Card'.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.