show trading name not company name of paypal receipts

wozzer830
Contributor
Contributor

I have a busines paypal account registered in name of my company, but i trade under a different name - how do i get the paypal invoices to show my trading name rather than my company name

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hi there Wozzer830,

If you are trying to show your trading name to buyers who purchase items from you, you would need to swap the company name and trading name in the Profile on your PayPal account. You would need to have the trading name in the company name section and then have the company name in the trading name section.

When buyers make purchases, we would provide the company name to them. If you would like them to see your trading name, you can put this in the company name section on your account and your buyers will be provided the correct information when they make payments to you.

Here’s how to change the name of your business:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Update' in the 'Business Details' section.
  4. Click 'Change Name'.
  5. Select ‘Business Name Change (business name)’ and click ‘Continue’.
  6. Enter your business name and click ‘Continue’. 

I hope this information answers your question about updating your company information.

David.

Login to Me Too

wozzer830
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David - Thanks for reply - I did that originally and got an email a few days later to say that my company name did not match the name registered at companies house (because I was using the trading name), so I had to change the company name back and then go through a verification process again

Login to Me Too

Entre
Contributor
Contributor

OK after reading the huge number of posts where people are asking "how do I change my trading name" here is the official answer garnered from paypal replies to my enquiries.

Paypal only supports the concept of a "trading name" for sole traders who may change their trading name as they see fit but may only have one trading name at any one time.

For limited companies who trade under different names there is no support and you will have to use an alternate payment processor.

You can of course go to the expense of creating a new limited company, bank account and all the expensive obligations that implies and then have that new business get a paypal account.  Yes over the top but it seems that paypal does not grasp the concept that companies trade under numerous names in different markets.

You can of course create three different types of paypal account but they will need to have unique bank and email.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/article/?solutionId=12730

Login to Me Too

Safesurfer
New Community Member

if you are a sole trader do you know if the trading name has to match the name registered with your bank details? My personal name appears on receipts but I would prefer it if the trading name did instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.