pre-approved payment marked as inactive

chids2009
Contributor
Contributor

If i've marked a pre-approved payment as inactive, does this mean that the person won't be able to take money from my paypal account without my permission.

I signed up to a website called Justfab.co.uk, and it seems that they charge you a £39 subscription, which isn't made clear when you sign up.  As i went through paypal, i was hoping that this would be a way of stopping the payments being taken each month.

After reading reviews it seems this company is conning people, and when you try and cancel your account with them, they make it very difficult for you, so i was hoping that by marking their pre-approved payment as inactive, this would stop them taking my money.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Sophie

Hi chids2009,

Welcome to the Community Forum! The best way to ensure that no further payments can be taken from your account in relation to a pre-approved payment you've set up is by cancelling it if you haven't done so already.

Here's how to cancel a pre-approved payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. On the left side of the page, select 'My money'.
  4. Click 'Update' beside 'My pre-approved payments'.
  5. Select the 'Merchant Name' for the payment you want to cancel.
  6. Click 'Cancel'.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

chids2009
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.  I have just gone through the instructions that you have left for me, and it seems as though the pre-approved payment had been cancelled when i marked it as inactive.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.