paypal card expiring

retro60
Contributor
Contributor

my card is expiring and I tried to change the details but my bank has changed the last 4 numbers of my code and there is no provision for this what can I do to keep the account going as it will not accept the new number

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TraceyC
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  I tried to add the new card but it wouldn't let me!!!! so I contacted my bank who advised that Paypal were applying for a payment of a few £££ for the pleasure!!!!!! 

Is this normal procedure, that Paypal charge you for updating your credit card when the expiry date is up??? Anyone know????

Login to Me Too

Bozza
New Community Member

Well my card has expired and I've been issued my new card however nothing has changed other than the new expiry date. Other than that all other details are exactly the same as expired card, however, there seems no way to update the new card to simply add the new expiry date. Any ideas folks ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

my card is expiring and I tried to change the details but my bank has changed the last 4 numbers of my code and there is no provision for this what can I do to keep the account going as it will not accept the new number

if it's got a new number it should be added to the account as a new card. What happens when you try and add it as a new card?

I am having the same problem.  I tried to add the new card but it wouldn't let me!!!! so I contacted my bank who advised that Paypal were applying for a payment of a few £££ for the pleasure!!!!!! 

Is this normal procedure, that Paypal charge you for updating your credit card when the expiry date is up??? Anyone know????

When you add or edit a card a temporary charge of 1 dollar is processed to check if the card exists, it is an authorisation charge and is a common method used by many companies to help verify a card. It will not be a completed payment and will remain on your card for a short time showing a "hold" or "pending" status.

Login to Me Too

dozydos
New Community Member

No access from home to the 2 small amounts put in my bank account.

Can't I just type in my new Valid from and Expires end dates, to continue my Paypal account?

Not sure where to click

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there,

To update your card on your PayPal account you can click the Profile icon. From here, you can then click the My Money option and then the Edit option beside the card that you are trying to update on your account.

If you have a PayPal MasterCard that is going to expire soon, it should be updated itself when a new card has been issued to you by Santander.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.