paying for items in the USA with a $ currency card without PayPal converting to £ pounds sterling.

makse
New Community Member

I have a $ currency card that is registered to my home address in the UK and want to use it to pay for goods that are advertised in US$. How can this be done without PayPal converting to £ pounds sterling before charging my card ??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Makse. 

Welcome to the Community!

If you have a UK registered PayPal account and you add a card, the card will always default to the local currency on the PayPal account; in this case, GBP.

If your card is set to USD, this needs to be changed by sending an email to our customer service team to request the change. This can be done by clicking the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. From here, you can then click the 'Email Us' option to send us an email through your account.

When you are sending a payment through PayPal, you will have the option to select the currency that we will charge your card. On the 'Review your payment' page, you will be advised what currency your card will be charged in and you will have a 'Change' option to select the preferred currency.

I hope this helps.
David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.