how can i change my mobile number to an overseas one?

kaz_Cou
New Community Member

how can i change address and mobile number outside UK. coz i moved to the other country and couldn't able to receive text msg at all? should i just close down the account and reopen one with different address and mobile?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaz_Cou

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

What a ridiculous requirement. I have to open another account for 2 or 3 months every time I visit another country??????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imagemodeluk

No as you are only allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

BUT you can have those 2 Paypal accounts in different countries.

I can only give up my time to respond to your post with how it works, ridiculous or not I don't make their policies so.........your welcome to my advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

imagemodeuk
Contributor
Contributor

There are so many complaints about this problem that it is high time PayPal did something about it. Travel overseas for various periods is commonplace, but unless you have your UK phone with you on roaming you can't receive any security notifications. That severely diminishes the security of PayPal accounts for those who spend time overseas, sometimes in areas where roaming doesn't work

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.