ebay payment error

123hd

I've all of a sudden got a problem making payments from ebay, I get the following error.

Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase.

I've made over 50 purchases over the last 2 months without problems with this card and all of a sudden I get this error?

WHY?

I login to paypal and there is no report of a problem nor is there an option to confirm card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi 123hd, 

By linking and confirming your credit or debit card you help us to confirm your identity and verify that you own the card which you have registered to your PayPal account.

When you link your card to your PayPal account you authorise us to charge it a small fee which allows us to generate a unique code to be shown on your card statement. As the owner of the credit or debit card is the only person who has access to the card statement, this process reduces the risk of stolen cards and false identities being used on PayPal.

Once you have linked and confirmed your credit or debit card on your PayPal account, you can start making payments using that card.

Log in to your PayPal account and click on your profile tab>my money>credit/debit card. Beside the card it will say link and confirm. Click on this and follow the steps provided. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.