credit card acceptance

murphymuppet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Im trying to add my new visa card details to my account and for some reason it wont accept it. ive tried several times and rechecked all the numbers are correct. Any ideas why? all previous cards are now expired.

Thank You

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@murphymuppet

'This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.' means that Paypal are getting a denial message from your bank when you are trying to add the card. When you add a card or update the details they charge a temporary amount of £1.00. If this is not approved the card cannot be added. If you keep getting this message then call the number on the back of your card to check the issue with your bank. If the Visa you are trying to add is virtual or issued online you would need to try another card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

murphymuppet
Contributor
Contributor

its actually saying "im sorry something went wrong, please try again" would the above answer still apply?

Thnak You

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @murphymuppet,

If the issue still persists please check the Resolution Centre for any outstanding issues. I would suggest you contact our Customer Support by phone so they can assist you adding the card. You will find the contact detail in the Help section of your account. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.