cant remove bank account

amydennis10
New Community Member

ive been trying for what seems like forever to remove a closed bank account off my paypal profile.

ive gone into my setting and the payments tab and changed all me automatic payment preferences for ebay, facebook ads fees etc and changed my primary account to my new one. ive not got any payments waiting to com out of the account i want to remove but it just keeps saying cannot remove as payment is pending or something along those lines

what the **bleep** am i doing wrong ??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jimroy
New Community Member

Same here.

Login to Me Too

Jimroy
New Community Member
Same here!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Guys,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum.

If you are trying to remove an old bank account and you receive an error message stating there is a pending payment associated with this bank account you will need to email PayPal requesting the bank account is removed for you.

To send an email log into your PayPal Account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Help and Contact"->"Message Centre"-> "Email Us". You will be asked to select a Topic and Subtopic, in the box provided please state that you authorize PayPal to remove the bank account ending in XXXX.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

rachell0x
New Community Member

Me too, it's so infuriating!

Login to Me Too

Ferd1e
New Community Member

Hi.  Has anyone managed to close thee bank acount down ?  I have been trying to do this for three months. I have to change the bank details everytime I purchase anything.  I have nothing pending etc etc but it still won't let me do it ! HELP ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.