Wrong phone number when buying

burtonboyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have my mobile number as the verified primary number but when I buy something online and the customer details get filled in then my landline number gets added. I often only find this out when I get a email confirmation. The seller often wants my mobile number so I can get messages from delivery companies or for tracking purposes. 

I don't want to just delete my landline number from the account. Any ideas? Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Was this changed recently? It takes 24 hours for changes to a phone number to be fully applied through the system.

I recognise you'd rather not get rid of the landline, but it certainly would solve your problem. PayPal mainly use phone numbers for text confirmation anyway, so having a mobile on there is really all you'd need.

Login to Me Too

burtonboyz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Snoozyblue, 

Both numbers have been on there for ages. You are probably right about just deleting the landline but I am still wondering why that should be necessary. What is the point of making a particular number primary if the system then ignores it? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.