Will not accept my card details

toohiptobecool
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to register my card details on my account. I recently moved home, and although I registered my new address, my account kept linking my card back to my old one so I deleted the card details as well as the old address. Now I have just my new address, but when I try to reregister my card, it keeps being denied with no full explaination. All I get is a message saying it can't be confirmed (but won't say why) and that if I'm having difficulties, I should input a different card (which I can't since I only have one card). Nowhere in the help section can I find any information stating that if I delete a card I can't reregister it.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

jijisaexy
New Community Member

honestly paypal is useless like this they dont help they cause more trouble than there worth ive had nothing but bad feedback from paypal

Login to Me Too

KarlDGreat
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal, can u pls check mine too? I just replaced an old card of mine cus I forgot the pin on the old one. Then now that I have the new one, it won't let me link to paypal. Even though I have balance in the card.. After I try to link the card it says "This card is not accepted. Please use a differet card" help me pls. 

Login to Me Too

Zuti
New Community Member

So, I have the same problem, I got my Visa card yesterday and when I try to add it to paypal account it just won't accept it saying "Use a different card." I don't get it , why is that? Is it because of the address or what? My friend got it on the same day and it accepted on his account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Zuti,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the situation.

When you are linking a card, your bank needs to authorise this operation.

Please make sure that the card is enabled for online and international transactions and that there are at least few US dollars in its balance to allow temporary authorization charge.

Additionally, please make sure that you are trying to link a card issued by a traditional bank as I’m afraid we do not accept virtual cards.

Regrettably we can’t see your account details here. If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account and advice the best course of action.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Th3rty2
New Community Member

WHY IS PAYPAL NOT ACCEPTING MY CARD DETAILS ??????? ITS A NEW CARD ..... I REMOVED MY OLD ONE AND NOW I GO TO ENTER MY CARD DETAILS AND NOW IT WILL NOT ACCEPT ....... WHAT A FRUSTRATING " SERVICE " Man Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.