Will not accept my card details

toohiptobecool
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to register my card details on my account. I recently moved home, and although I registered my new address, my account kept linking my card back to my old one so I deleted the card details as well as the old address. Now I have just my new address, but when I try to reregister my card, it keeps being denied with no full explaination. All I get is a message saying it can't be confirmed (but won't say why) and that if I'm having difficulties, I should input a different card (which I can't since I only have one card). Nowhere in the help section can I find any information stating that if I delete a card I can't reregister it.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there toohiptobecool,

It sounds like this card has been permanently disabled for use in our system.

As a security precaution, when you add a card to your PayPal account, we cross-check the information that you've provided with the information your card issuer has on file, such as your billing address and CVV code.

If your card has failed our cross-check on a number of occasions because the card information you provided to us didn't match that of your card issuer the card will become disabled for use with PayPal.

This is an irreversible decision so the only advice offered is to add another card to your PayPal account.

If you want us to confirm this is the case you can call us by clicking on the contact us link at the  bottom of any PayPal page.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

ritameta

the information provided by you may be the one scripted but my bank and card provtders inform me that paypal accessed my account yesterday using the card information given to the a week ago and not accepted then or now.I would suggest that paypal review their procedures and  customer  complaints communications.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there ritameta,

We are unable to see your PayPal account from the community and we are unable to provide any account specific information in our responses.

If your query is urgent, you may wish to contact customer services directly and we will be able to assist you further.

David.

Login to Me Too

Aidan
New Community Member

I keep being told that my credit card is due to expire which it is. But the card they refer to was cloned some time ago and was replaced with a card that I now use on Paypal. I keep trying to delete the obsolete one but it refuses to let me saying that it cannot be done when a transfer is in operation. I have tried to delete this card for a number of weeks since Paypal notified me even when no transactions are taking place but with no avail. I have two cards for funds on Paypal so funding is not a problem. So can someone tell me how to remove this damned card!!! 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Aidan,

The error message that you are receiving when trying to remove the card from your PayPal account is a known technical issue. The only way that you would have the ability to remove the card from your account would be by contacting customer services directly. We would then be able to look into the issue on your behalf and have the inactive card removed from your account for you.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

janenelsonvlad
New Community Member

I cannot mess around with this any longer. I need to get some sleep. I do not understand why you keep telling me my information is incomplete. I have completed my new address with the correct debit card associated to it and my old address is associated with my old card which is now cancelled. What more can I do? If you cannot sort this problem I will no longer deal with Paypal. I have already wasted 2 hours of sleep!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Janenelsonvlad,

I can't see your account so I can't advise you exactly what the issue you are having is.

I apologise that this has been going on for some time and still hasn't been resolved.

If you contact customer services, we should be able to try and assist you with this while you are on the phone with us.

David.

Login to Me Too

bluenosebear

I am getting the following message when I try to set up on Paypal:

We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

This is the first time I have used paypal with this card so why the message?

Login to Me Too

Iamkari

My atm card number won't accept paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.