'We need more information about you' - email

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

I keep receiving this email (title above with the content below) - yet when I follow the instructions given there is nothing to add, no instruction, nothing, just 'you don't have any new notifications'. I've sent it to the Paypal scam email reporting to ask if it's real or not, but despite saying they'd look into it, no reply. What is this and if it's legit, why do the 'instructions' not take me anywhere useful?

"To comply with regulations, we're required to collect and verify information about our customers. We must do this before you receive €2,500 (or currency equivalent) into your PayPal account (in total) within a year of you receiving your first payment.

As you have received €1,800 (or currency equivalent), we encourage you to provide this information now. In doing so, you'll still be able to use your PayPal account to send or withdraw money as normal.

Here's how to provide the information we need:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Notifications (bell icon) at the top right of the page.
  3. Follow the instructions and complete all the tasks."
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @beelzebomb,

Sorry for the delay. Are you still receiving these emails? If you were reaching limits and needed to verify some information you should see this when you visit the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account. If you still need help with this we would suggest using the 'contact us' -> 'call us' option and reaching out to us by phone. Once you verify your information the relevant team will be happy to take a closer look.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am receiving these emails - the full transcript below - with instruction that leads nowhere. In a world where we are being urged to be cautious of phishing emails, if these emails are legitimate, why is Paypal happy to send out such lazy emails with instructions that are not able to be followed?

"Follow the instructions and complete all the tasks." There are NO instructions!!

"We need more information about you

To comply with regulations, we're required to collect and verify information about our customers. We must do this before you receive €2,500 (or currency equivalent) into your PayPal account (in total) within a year of you receiving your first payment.

As you have received €1,800 (or currency equivalent), we encourage you to provide this information now. In doing so, you'll still be able to use your PayPal account to send or withdraw money as normal.

Here's how to provide the information we need:
Click Notifications (bell icon) at the top right of the page.
Follow the instructions and complete all the tasks."

Login to Me Too

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Oh come on, surely I'm not the only one with this issue!

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.51.43.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi beelzebomb,

Thank you for your post! 

If you have received that email, there might be an open case in your Resolution Centre with the steps to follow to solve the issue. You can check your Resolution Centre by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page and then 'Resolution Centre' at the top of the page. You can find more information here

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

No, there is nothing - nothing anywhere. it beggars belief that PayPal is so uninterested in correcting or updating the content of emails sent to customers. 

Login to Me Too

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

I have now found a number to call PayPal (not on the site of course, that would be too easy - but from a helpful website providing numbers) - I am told that I now have to call back tomorrow to be able to 'provide the additional information' to be able to continue use my account. The fact that the emails provide incorrect information seems to be neither here nor there. For anyone else in the same incredibly frustrating boat, call PayPal on 0800 358 7911 & frankly, just hope for the best.

Login to Me Too

Katviking
New Community Member
Hi, did you manage to resolve this? I get the same message every time I try to make a payment. I can't see anywhere to add any extra info!!? Please help.
Login to Me Too

beelzebomb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, No I never did - the emails keep on coming after each eBay sale I make, now they're telling me I can't use my account - but I still can. I called customer servies as above, but they didn't put me through to the "right" department - and then actually told me to call back the next day!

It's all pretty much rubbish service really - if my bank did anything like this (not that they would) it'd be sorted out pronto - but not Paypal. It concerns me that this company is dealing with MY money and having access to MY bank account yet they can't be bothered to sort this out. Lazy, shoddy and unprofessional.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.