VISA Electron Debit Card

Paulo_Escudeiro
New Community Member

Hello. I created an account and I can't register my VISA Electron debit card that I use often when I travel. When I try this message appears

"We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card."

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

ukmj
New Community Member

Hello Paulo,

I am having the same problem here. THE most frustrating onling shopping experience EVER!

I am getting the same information you got over and over again: Unable to verify blablabla.

I then tried to use my friend's card to pay as a paypal guest, failed: Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card.

Dear Paypal staff (tried calling you today, but the service line only opens on weekdays),

1. I checked the info - it's correct

2. I tried another card - failed again

3. I contacted my bank - no problem with them at all (also, I've NEVER had any problem using my card shopping online on any other sites)

Please please may I ask: what shall I do next?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey guys,

It could be one of two things as to why your cards are being declined. Either the information on your account is different to the information registered with your bank or the transaction is being declined by the card issuer.

I would advise you to check all information carefully when registering the card and make sure it matches. If you are able to add the card but it is still declined you will need to speak to the Online Authorisation Department at your bank for further information.

Login to Me Too

3T6

Yes im having the same problem do it's driving me crazy oh man it keeps saying We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card. with my VISA ELECTRON CARD whats going on please do something about i have 420 USD in my account and i cannot even use it ahhh... please fix this problem and my  infomation is correct.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there 3T6,

If you have funds in your PayPal balance, they can be used towards the transaction if you wish. You would need to ensure that your balance is in the currency that you are trying to send to your seller before the payment will be taken from your PayPal balance.

Here’s how to convert your balance to another currency:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money.’
  4. Click ‘Currencies’ beside PayPal balance.
  5. Enter the amount you want to convert under ‘Currency Exchange.’
  6. Select the currency to convert the funds from.
  7. Select the currency to convert the funds to.
  8. Click ‘Calculate’ to see the currency conversion.
  9. Click ‘Start Exchange’ to transfer the funds.
  10. Click ‘Exchange Currency’ to confirm the transfer.

If you are being advised when trying to make a payment that we were unable to verify your credit/debit card, it may be the case that your bank/credit card company have refused our request to debit the funds from your card. You should try contacting your bank/credit card company for more information on this.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

bhushankasve
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue with my card, I am using it smoothly but on paypal not able to use it and it comes with this 

Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card

How to solve this ?

Login to Me Too

Paratech
New Community Member

Hey! I don't know if I am mistaken or not, but if you are using those $25/$50 VISA debit cards, then the simple solution is to wait for about 12 hours after you have registered it on mygiftcardsite.com, and then it should work fine. Hope this helped!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there bhushankasve,

Have you tried to go in and view your card information in order to see if the correct information is showing on your PayPal account? If you click the Profile icon and then the Update option beside your card, you can then click the Edit option in order to see what information we have registered on your account for that card.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

TattooedTeddeh
New Community Member

I am having the EXACT same problem, I tried to order a few items from Ebay with my vanilla visa gift card and it gives me this We are unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct etc etc.

This is a brand new card and ive tried multiple times. HELP. 

Login to Me Too

digger187
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have registered a card from my bank with paypal.It is a new card that my bank used to replace a previous card...,but neither I or my bank can find the 4 digit code number with which i need to finish the register process.

I have other cards with paypal and have not had a problem up until now..my bank does not know the answer.I have tried twice to register each time being charged which normally I would get back..!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.