Updating debit card details

tallulah2
Contributor
Contributor
My current debit card expires soon, and Paypal have asked me to confirm the expiry date of my new card. BUT the new card has a different long number on the front! My bank account details have not changed, and Paypal has a note of these. How do I enter the last four digits of the new card? Will I have to re-register my whole account? If anyone can advise I'd really appreciate it. Many thanks.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_paula

Hi tallulah2, 

If you have received a new card with a new number then you will need to add it as a new card. To add a new card all you need to do is follow the steps I have listed below for you. Also once you have added your new card on you can then remove the old card from your PayPal account. 

Here’s how to add a card to your account:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money’.
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards’.
  5. Click ‘Add a Card’.
  6. Select the ‘Card Type’ and enter the required information.
  7. Click ‘Add Card’.

I hope this helps resolve it for you and thank you for your post

Paula 

Login to Me Too

georgina36b
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i hav followed the instructions to update my new debit card details on Paypal,but  for the page you refer to,on my system it does not display the options you hav listed in your reply ; my account with Paypal worked fine,but the previous card has now expired; my bank account has been "verified "

Is the inability to access the Paypal due to my computer spec?

Windows XP service pack3 ; broadband access -but i hav even tried a slow dial up connection.

When i purchase a product off ebay,the "log in to paypal" section disappears behind the "you can view your order details before you pay" section ; is that a security measure ?

Also, the only way i can access Paypal is directly, or if i am paying a merchant.

If i try to access Paypal through a link from Ebay the system freezes and eventually cuts off.

Hope you can advise :am not that computer literate-its not the inability to use it -just when instructions dont appear as described ,you hav no way of carrying out the simple task.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi georgina36b, 

What internet browser are you using? If you are using chrome then I would suggest that you try internet explorer or modzilla firefox or vice versa. 

Let me know if that works for you.

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Clint100
New Community Member

Thanks for the information

C.

Login to Me Too

NABEEL-SALEEM
Contributor
Contributor

HEY i update my debit card of payoneer but i got this error.

"The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."

tell me how can i solve this, my paypal is verified , i have $0.13 in my payoneer account

Login to Me Too

samsodin

How about the bank account details?

Login to Me Too

hmhKB
Contributor
Contributor
Just want to update my credit card details . The long card number is the same but dates have changed and the number on the back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.