Two PayPal accounts one bank account.

sequential
New Community Member

Hello,

My wife and I each have had PayPal accounts for some time, and both were linked to the same checking account.

Now that we've switched banks, I've learned that we can longer do this. Is there anything that can be done to allow us to connect both? We shouldn't need to keep our old checking account just to be able to do Ebay, etc.

Thanks in advance,

BK

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are selling and need to transfer payments to a bank account then you can only use one bank account per paypal account.

If you are just buying then you can add another debit card or a credit card to the other account to be able to purchase items.

Or you can just use the one paypal account for the x2 ebay accounts. You can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

x1 email address = x1 ebay user i.d. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

redsarah
Contributor
Contributor

how do you add e mail adresses to a paypal account ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can add up to 8 email addresses to your PayPal account. You cannot add the same email address to more than one PayPal account.

To add an email address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the ‘Email’ section, click Update.
  4. Enter your new email address and click Save.

To confirm an email address

When you add an email address, we automatically send an email to this address. To confirm your email address:

1. Click the confirmation link in the email.
  2. Enter your PayPal password.
  3. Click Confirm.

To make an email address your ‘Primary’ email

Once an email address is confirmed, you can choose to make it ‘Primary’ at any point. This means all your PayPal notifications will be sent to this email address. To make an email address Primary:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. In the ‘Email’ section, click Update.
  4. Select the relevant email address and click ‘Make Primary’.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redsarah
Contributor
Contributor

thanks

can people make payments to ||ANY of your paypal addresses ?????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes.

I have x2 ebay i.d's for selling x1 just for selling personal stuff and x1 for selling personal more pricy stuff from my collection.

My x2 selling i.d's have x2 different email addys on them and x2 email addys on paypal and buyers can pay to both those email addys. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Just_Asking
New Community Member

OK here's what I understand so far: you link two email addresses to one account- personal and business. And people can send $$ to either one and it all goes into the one bank account you've set up.

Two follow up questions:

1) If you use different names on these (e.g. a pen or fake name for personal information protection), can you designate the information that each email address sees? In other words, can your personal account be you with your real address and your business account be your pen name and the address of your publisher?

2) If you are selling something in one of your accounts you don't want tracked back to you as a person (nothing illegal, just something that might be professionally/personally compromising), if someone tried to get info about you via paypal through legal channels or something (again, not illegal so not sure if they could but just in case...) would they get the info to BOTH your email addresses and the real bank account?

Any info is appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.