Trying to re- add old bank account.

Rob72
Contributor
Contributor
I got paypal verified some years ago. Just over a year ago I added my wife to my bank account and the bank mistakenly change the name of my bank account to my wife's name. Paypal then disabled my account due to fraud suspicion. Since then I have had the name changed back on my bank account, but I cannot add my old bank account back on paypal. It just tells me to use a new bank account or to fax off the the bank statement with the 2 original paypal deposits which was some years ago which I do not have and a copy of my driving licence. Any solutions please.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Rob72,

If your bank sent us notification that the direct debit that was in place between your PayPal and bank accounts has been cancelled, you will be asked to provide us with a copy of the bank statement and also a valid photo id in order to get this reset. 

If you try contacting customer services, we should be able to get your bank account reset without requesting the information that you have been asked for. You would then be able to register your bank account again and then initiate the verification process to get your bank account confirmed again.

I hope this helps with you getting your bank account information reset.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.