Repeated attempts to change name to married name to no avail!

Voxybox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have tried on numerous occasions to change my PayPal account surname into my married name. I have had my new name for 6 months now, and, following PayPal's name-change procedure, have repeatedly updoaded my new driver's licence, marriage certificate, utility bills... ALL with my new name, but have had zero response from PayPal.

I am now getting a notification stating that one of my back-up cards is out of date... yes, it IS, but I cannot update it as the card setting defaults to my previous name, with no option to change it. I am also unable to ADD any new card details, as all my cards are in my new name!

To the whole world I am known as my new name - except for in the world of PayPal! So far it has not caused any major problems, other than not being able to prove myself as the intended recipient of parcels paid for via PayPal (luckily my first name is unusual enough for the local post office to be satisfied!). However, it is still a nuisance, and I now just want everything in my new name!

Please, does anyone know how I can resolve this, before it becomes a much bigger problem? 

Thanks in advance, V

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Voxybox

Give customer services a call and ask them for an update on when they are going to get around to doing it.

The words ''fast'' and ''paypal'' are not normally linked     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.