Removing cell phone number

Tomás_González0
Contributor
Contributor
Well, first of all I will say that I'm chilean, and I live in Chile, BUT, I created my PayPal account with the country set to Spain, because I needed to pay someone in Euros and I thought that the only way to pay in Euros was by having an eurpean account. The thing is that I added my phone number (for security) but it didn't let me add it with the region code of Chile which is +56 9, so I tried using it without region code, and I don't know how but it let me use the number without region code, but now when I try to do a payment, or login in another system which is not mine, I can sign in because it tells me to get a verification code through my cell phone, and I try that, but I never receive any code, because PayPal thinks that the number is from Spain, while it is Chilean... I need to delete the phone number because I have about 90 USD in my account, and I can't transfer them to other account because it asks me for the verification code. Please help me. My phone number is +56 9 66281886, and in PayPal its the same but without +56 9 I would also like to know if its possible to change the country of the account. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomás_González0

Paypal is country specific so you have to have a paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You need to close that account and open one in your own country.

You can pay in any currency that paypal supports from your Chilean paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tomás_González0
Contributor
Contributor
But how am I supposed to move the money I have in this account to other account, if it asks me for the verification code? I need to delete the phone number.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomás_González0

Doubt you can as you can't verify it.

But it was your choice to open a paypal account in another country in the first place wasn't it.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tomás_González0
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Sad so i just lost 96 us dollars and other 80 that will be payed on june first... so i just lost 176 us dollars...

Spoiler

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomás_González0

Contact customer services and see if they can verify you another way >>

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.