Removing Credit Card failure - "Instant Bank Transfer is still pending" ?

nmcculloch
New Community Member

I need to update my credit card details.

My first card is used as a back up funding source for my bank account.

[The first card was actually replaced some time ago and so any attempt to use it would fail.]

I have added the second credit card details successfully

I have made the second credit card my "primary" card

I then tried to delete my first card but I get the message:

"You may not remove your back-up funding source while an Instant Bank Transfer is still pending."

I have not used my account in the last few weeks and so do not know (or can find) what this pending Instant Bank Transfer relates to.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

dom24
Contributor
Contributor

i am having same problem and have contacted customer services and am waiting for a reply

Login to Me Too

ruler
New Community Member

im having the same frustrating problem too...

'You may not remove your back-up funding source while an Instant Bank Transfer is still pending.'

all my transfers are complete so there isnt anything pending. me thinks paypal's development team needs to fix this 'bug'

Login to Me Too

andndad
New Community Member

I have the same problem ,

never had to use my credit card but cannot remove it,

can someone please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

I would advise on doing what dom24 has done. Contact PayPal customer service directly.

I would give them a call though instead of an email. On the phone they can check your account and remove it there and then for you.

Login to Me Too

Loli06
New Community Member

I have contacted paypal customer service tehy told me to wait 7 working days now after 10 working days the same message appears when I try to remove my card!

What is interesting the Paypal officer asked me for feedback about his excellent advise!

Login to Me Too

chazzyfizzle
Contributor
Contributor

More time and money !!! Would make you wonder why "bugs" exist in a small web site like paypal....Especially when their contact centres are god knows where and obviously aren't free hmmmm !!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Loli06,

You may have been advised to wait as there could have been a payment processing from your bank account. A bank funded payment takes between 5 and 7 working days to complete processing.

If you are still receiving the same message and there are no payments still processing from your bank account, you should try contacting customer services again and we should be able to get the card removed from your account for you.

I hope this helps,

David. 

Login to Me Too

Loupou22
New Community Member

I am having the same problem

my credit card was about to run out, so I added my new one, then tried to remove the old one, and now I have the dreaded:

You may not remove your back-up funding source while an Instant Bank Transfer is still pending

I do not have any transfers pending - even contacted my bank to make sure and they stated that nothing is pending!!!!

this is just getting stupid people - sort it out please - and as for the please contact customer services to sort this - that is cr*p, as all they say is wait 7 days.

Well, as you can see from comments, many of us have waited the required time (WORKING DAYS THAT IS - BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON THAT).

This needs sorting by Paypal, not by us wasting our time on the phone to be told to waste more of our time waiting!!!

kindest regards

loupou22

Login to Me Too

foxy123
New Community Member

@PayPal_david wrote:

Hi there Loli06,

You may have been advised to wait as there could have been a payment processing from your bank account. A bank funded payment takes between 5 and 7 working days to complete processing.

If you are still receiving the same message and there are no payments still processing from your bank account, you should try contacting customer services again and we should be able to get the card removed from your account for you.

I hope this helps,

David. 

no it does not as i have constantly tried to take these cards off as they are not valid anymore
I have been trying for almost a year now to delete credit cards details from my papal account, these cards are no longer used and have been closed down albeit they are still in date, all i get is you cant delete these cards due to a pending bank transfer, which is silly as these cards are closed and all i want to do is add a valid card.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.