Reactivate an accidentally cancelled DD

Joe2812
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had a payment that i've made bounce back because the bank refused it. On checking it appears i've cancelled the Direct Debit authorisation for Paypal to deduct funds. Paypal says that this is an issue between me and my bank and not to contact them, however my bank says that to arrange a DD I need to contact the company I wish to pay.

Can I somehow get another DD request from Paypal to get this payment authorisation re-activated?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

owensc
New Community Member

I am having a very similar problem where Paypal keep telling me that my bank have refused DD, however I've called my bank twice and I've been in and the DD is set up but I am still experiencing the same issue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

If your bank is still active on your PayPal account contact your bank and see if they can re-setup up the cancelled DD, sometimes they can, sometimes they cannot. If they can then you can continue as normal from that point on. If they cannot then you should remove the bank from your PayPal account, re-add it back on and then confirm it from scratch again.

If your bank has been removed from your PayPal account then you will need to contact customer services and request they re-activate the bank. Once it's re-activated you will have to add it back on and set up a new Direct Debit through confirming the bank, as above.

I know that's a bit complex but I hope it makes sense!

Login to Me Too

hugo19
New Community Member

I have had same problem today Smiley Mad, bank are telling me they can't reinstate the details and i need to sort it out with paypal. AAAAAARGGGH!

Automated service is shxx! will need to call it tomorrow when it is open.

Have £350 floating about in the abyss and no-doubt paypal will take a fee for it bouncing about Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.