Profile stuck at 80% as I don't use PayPal mobile app

andymerrett
Contributor
Contributor

This query/rant is going to seem petty to a lot of you, so I apologise in advance if your response is "get over it" or "get a life".

Since PayPal switched to the new interface, my profile has been 'stuck' at 80%. No problem, I thought, I'll just update my details to get it to 100%. After all, a profile is about me, not what software I use.

The rub is that the final 20% of my profile is only "achievable" if I use the PayPal mobile app!

I have a cheap (£10) Nokia 'dumbphone' which is about as far removed from iOS or Android as you can imagine. I can't use and don't want to use PayPal's mobile app. Why leave me hanging with an 80% profile just because you want to push your payment system on me?

I use PayPal purely because it's the only way some of my customers can pay for goods, and to pay some of my own bills because it's the way some companies insist on being paid. No other reason.

PayPal, please recognise that I've completed my profile.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Myaser
New Community Member

Hello, 
I have already downloaded the app & logged in using the same Credentials but still I'm on 80%

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi Myaser,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

Having an 80% profile will not interfere with using PayPal.  It will not affect you sending or receiving payments.

-David R

Login to Me Too

everway9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David.

With all due respect, although it may not affect sending or recieving payments that is not the point. Please see my post on the first page.

Thanks.:)

Login to Me Too

everway9
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to keep going on about this issue but my profile was at 80% a few months ago and now its gone down to 70% and I have not made any changes to it that I know of.

Theres obviously something wrong somewhere. 

A method to achieve a 100% should be tested and clearly explained.

Thank you. 🙂

Login to Me Too

everway9
Contributor
Contributor

No.. my mistake. I removed bank account.

Now after adding my bank account it's back at 80%.

Then after confirming direct debit and adding my new card my profile is now at 100%

So for anyone who wants a 100% profile... as well as all the other required things it seems that you must have a direct debit set up, at least 1 bank account and at least 1 card added to paypal account.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.