Profile stuck at 80% as I don't use PayPal mobile app

andymerrett
Contributor
Contributor

This query/rant is going to seem petty to a lot of you, so I apologise in advance if your response is "get over it" or "get a life".

Since PayPal switched to the new interface, my profile has been 'stuck' at 80%. No problem, I thought, I'll just update my details to get it to 100%. After all, a profile is about me, not what software I use.

The rub is that the final 20% of my profile is only "achievable" if I use the PayPal mobile app!

I have a cheap (£10) Nokia 'dumbphone' which is about as far removed from iOS or Android as you can imagine. I can't use and don't want to use PayPal's mobile app. Why leave me hanging with an 80% profile just because you want to push your payment system on me?

I use PayPal purely because it's the only way some of my customers can pay for goods, and to pay some of my own bills because it's the way some companies insist on being paid. No other reason.

PayPal, please recognise that I've completed my profile.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Mine is on 80% for the same reason and I don't want the mobile app............so don't worry about it, I don't.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LEMMOSS
New Community Member

I have the app and mine is still stuck on 80%.

Login to Me Too

alanmowle
New Community Member

I am exactly the same, I had a problem completing a small sum to a new eBayer, I have done over 800 eBay deals, and my card after 10 years was suspended as I had not used the 4 digit code you get from PaPal when they take out £1, I have now confirmed that, I have also added another card, all this while talking to an adviser, who really does not know why. There was nothing wrong with my card, I downloaded the app, still at 80% I am 83 years old, and I guess I will die before the 100% happens. BUT no one can tell me how to do it, but will make me jump through many hoops just the same. I have had an active account since 2005.

Login to Me Too

MarkThomasVO
New Community Member

How do you spot the old person in a conversation?

Don't worry, they'll tell you 😉

Login to Me Too

Mephistophele
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I sent a question to paypal on how to complete my profile, and now thanks to you I know. Lol,I answer a question with another question, are you sure that is enough using the mobile apps to complete the profile? I have seen the logo, but not in a millions years I thought that they could ask something so stupid.
Login to Me Too

ge0n
Contributor
Contributor

I know just how you feel, rather embarrasingly I have reverted back to my nokia brick, after finding that I am unfortunately not smart enough for a smart phone.. and my profile remains at 80%. Time for paypal to realise some of us will remain in the dark ages and are being penalised for doing so..which seems rather unfair. :0(

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi  Mephistophele and ge0n,

Thanks for posting about this issue.

It is necessary to download the PayPal App in order to have your profile at 100% but it is not something that has to be done. This is just to show you what options you have when using your PayPal account and how you can get the most out of it. Not using the PayPal App if you do not wish to will be of no detriment to your account and being at 80% will make no difference to the use of your account.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

everway9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachael.

Thanks for your input.

I have the same issue as LEMMOSS who has allready stated that........ "I have the app and mine is still stuck on 80%".

I have also got the app and my profile is also only at 80%.

However. You say.... "It is necessary to download the PayPal App in order to have your profile at 100%".

Did you mean to say.... "It is necessary to download AND USE the PayPal App in order to have your profile at 100%"?

If you did, then why should we have to use the PalPal app just to get our profiles to 100% ?

If you did not, then there must be a problem which causes our profiles to remain at 80% other than that of the Paypal app not being used.

It may seem trivial that some people want to get their profile to 100% but some people just like to have everything correct and looking good.

I think that no matter what the reason for this issue is, either way PayPal should correct the issue.

Thank You.

Andrew. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Rdemark
New Community Member
I am in the same way, have been a member since 2004 and am at only 80% And have "everything" updated.. PayPal me, bank accounts, mobile me, app that I use all the time Andrew.. Your absolutely rite. PayPal please get it together!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.