Problems adding my new debit card

Davie_Stephen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I have received a new debit card through the post and it is a Mastercard debit card. I can't add this new card to my account because there isn't a Mastercard debit option on drop down box in the add cards section.  I can't add it to the Mastercard/Eurocard one because it isn't a credit card.

Is there any help or info you can pass on because I use my Paypal account all the time for making online transactions and I'd be lost with out it.

Do I have to have a card, could I use my bank account to make payments instead of my card?

Any info and help you could pass on would be greatly appreciated indeed.

regards

Davie...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Davie_Stephen,

You can actually choose 'Mastercard/Eurocard', this covers both credit and debit cards. generally speaking the PayPal system doesn't differentiate  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Davie_Stephen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi John, Thank you very much for your reply but I tried that option and it never it worked. I'll give it another bash though just to make sure.

If it doesn't work again what would my other options be regarding the previous question I posted?

Davie...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It should work, unless there's some strange technical problem going on . If you're still having problems can you let us know what error message you're receiving?

In regards your other query, you can set up Bank Funding with a bank account and use that to use payments. You'll need to have a card active on the account to make instant payments using this method though. The card is only charged if the Direct Debit with the bank is denied.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.