Problems adding my Maestro?

KatieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to add my Maestro Debit card. It doesn't have an issue number so I have tried leaving this blank but also outting in '01'. But I keep getting the same message - 'You have entered an invalid number or partial credit card or debit card number. Please check your entry and try again.'

I have obviously checked all the details but keep getting the same message. Can anyone help with this? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there KatieLaura,

If you are receiving this error message, you would not be entering the correct card number when you are trying to add the card to your PayPal account.

Please try and enter the card number as a long 16 digit number. If you are asked for an issue number, please just enter 1 as the issue number.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

KatieLaura
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply David, I can assure you I have double, no sorry, triple checked all inputted data - 16 digit card number, expiry date, 3 digit security number etc.

But I have since head this problem may be due to the fact that my card is with a Turkish bank issued to me in Turkey (as I live both there and UK). Could this be right? If so, then would I have to open a Turkish account to be able to use my card?

Thanks again,

Regards,

KatieLaura 

PS. the Turkish bank in question has branches all over the world including London. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again KatieLaura,

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this. You are right in saying that this would be the reason that you are unable to register the card that was opened in Turkey to your UK PayPal account.

As the billing address of this card would not be in the country that your PayPal account is registered in, it would preventing you from adding the card to your PayPal account. Even though there may be a number of this bank's branches in other countries around the world, as the billing address can't be registered as an address to your UK PayPal account, you would not be able to register the card to your PayPal account.

Another thing would be that the currency of the card and on your PayPal account would be different. This may also prevent you from registering the card on the account.

I apologise that there is nothing else that I can do to assist you but I hope the information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.