Problem With New Card!

Richard3212
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently had an issue where my card was scammed, so I told my bank and they sent me another card with the same account number and sort code, however the long card number was different. 

I tried to remove the card from my paypal account and add this other card as the last four digits of my card number were not the same, I was succesful in doing this until I went to withdraw funds into my bank account where then it asked for all my information once again, after doing this and linking the card to the bank it came back with the same last four digits of my old account and not my new one. I tried to send payments anyway to my account but they came back, can anyone help me with this matter, would be appreciated.

Richard

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi Richard3212 and Welcome 

When you are withdrawing funds using your bank account, we withdaw using your bank account number and sort code. Although your card number (16 digit) will have changed your bank account number will not, it will always be the same. 

If you cancelled your card you should not need to update your bank account as again it does not change. 

I hope this helps clear it up for you

Paula 

Login to Me Too

PaulineEspulgar
New Community Member

Hi Paula,

Got the same question as Richard3212..its just that this question was asked in 2013 and I am now asking. Is it still the same? I have had my old card blocked and replaced with a new one but wih the SAME bank account number. So even if I got a new card, I should still be able to withdraw funds to my bank account, right?.....

Just wanted to make really really sure.

Thanks!

Pauline

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.