Paypal says my Bank account already registered...

michaelsmith82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me, but I've had a paypal account for ages but never really used it until today, and when I tried to add my bank account details (which I don't think I've done before) it said that my bank account was already added to another account but I cannot for the life of me think of another account I have. I only use 2 e-mail addresses and I tried my 2nd one and it doesn't even recognise it so I assume I can't have used it. Is there anyting I can do to get it erased from the old account or add it to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there michaelsmith82,

For your security, your bank account and debit or credit card can only be registered to one PayPal account at any given time. You will be able to add your financial details to a new PayPal account once you've removed them from the PayPal account to which they're currently registered.

If you don’t know the email address that is registered to the original PayPal account, or can't successfully regain access to that account you can call us by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24
Solved

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there michaelsmith82,

For your security, your bank account and debit or credit card can only be registered to one PayPal account at any given time. You will be able to add your financial details to a new PayPal account once you've removed them from the PayPal account to which they're currently registered.

If you don’t know the email address that is registered to the original PayPal account, or can't successfully regain access to that account you can call us by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

michaelsmith82
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply.

I will try that. Thank you Shiobhan.

Login to Me Too

michaelsmith82
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that but my previous debit card which I registered is now expired and I cannot remember the number now. So when I tried to give my details I couldn't give the number. I tried my current number and it just took me back to my current e-mail address which took me back to square 1.

Any advice anyone?

Login to Me Too

granpaboni
Contributor
Contributor

bank account is registered but i need to change my debit card details

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there granpaboni,

Here’s how to change your credit card or debit card information:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘My money.’
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘Debit and credit cards'.
  5. Click ‘Edit’ next to the card you want to change.
  6. Update your information.
  7. Enter your card security code.
  8. Click ‘Save.’

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

cambeuluk
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds simple ... But in-practice it is a nightmare. My current Debit card has been registered (and used successfully) with PayPal since 2011. A week ago I was told that it had been rejected by my bank so I was unable to complete a purchase. My bank tells me there is no problem with the card (confirmed by four calls over eight days checking with Customer Services and the bank’s Fraud Department). PayPal tells me that the card details I entered (copied from my Debit card and accepted by PayPal for 18 months) do not match the details from my bank! However, my bank says that the details of my Debit card held by the bank DO (as one would expect) match the details on the card, which, after 18 months PayPal inform me has been rejected!

Login to Me Too

db1926379700
Contributor
Contributor

hi i put my bank details to complete my aplication for a paypal account and it says that it is not excepting any more links  why when i have never had paypal  please can you help me

Login to Me Too

mattgwilson
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot remove the bank details from the other account....

This solution does not work.

Login to Me Too

pted
Contributor
Contributor

the best i can advise you to try is to re-register and conferm your email. or try with all your might to actualy contact a human being at paypal and try to remeber any other email addresses that you might have had prior to registering with paypal and have it removed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.