Option 'Make primary' no longer shows on cards and bank accounts

maistora
Contributor
Contributor

In the past I have been able to choose one among several cards to be my 'primary' or default payment source (when nothing else is selected). THis used to be through a tick-box 'Make primary' somewhere on the card page, and the current Help FAQ STILL points to that - but there is NO such option now. Why?

SImilarly, with more than one confirmed bank account, I could select to make one of them primary - and this is STILL advised in the FAQ - but there is no such choice.

I haven't broken any rules of PayPal or other platforms, my cards and accounts have never been overdrawn and I don't see any reason for PayPal to punish me and switch off certain functions. If anything, my online shopping has dramatically increased in the last year or so, and almost all of it goes through PayPal - without any bank or card glitches ever, bringing them nice revenue streams...

What is happening???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_david

Hi there Maistora.

Welcome to the Community!

When you select a primary bank or card on your account, this does not select that particular funding source as a funding option for your future payments.

When you are completing the checkout for an item that you are purchasing, you need to select the funding source each time that you would like to be used towards the payment that you are sending. 

You can find more information on this here https://goo.gl/7X8hKR

David.

Login to Me Too

EastWatersports
Contributor
Contributor

David,

You didn't read the original post.  The OP stated there is no longer an option to even choose a primary bank account.  So stating, "When you select a primary bank or card on your account, this does not select that particular funding source as a funding option for your future payments."  Does not help since there is no way to select a primary bank account.

Still an issue.

Login to Me Too

Maykazz
New Community Member

I too have the same problem. My original Primary bank account no longer exists.  I have validated a new bank account and need to make it the primary however there is no way to do this.  Can you please advise how to go about it as it's becoming a real pain in the backside!  😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.