Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

can anyone help?

I'm still receiving no emails at all from PayPal. Not for paid invoices, not for new orders.

It's really becoming a problem!

Login to Me Too

carbonfoot88
Contributor
Contributor

I Have not been receiving emails fo items purchased through

Paypal for some time,could you explain why this is so?

thank you J.James 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there EMFields,

If you aren't receiving emails from us, please do the following:

• Make sure you correctly entered your email address on your PayPal account.
  • Make sure that the email we sent didn't go to your junk mail or spam folder.

If you aren't receiving our emails, you may need to change your email settings so the messages from PayPal don't go to your junk mail folder. You can also add another email address to your PayPal account.

You can receive text emails, instead of HTML emails. Here's how to change your email format:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Select 'My account settings'.
  4. Click 'Update' in the 'Communication preferences' section.
  5. Select 'Plain Text' under 'Payment Notifications'.
  6. Click 'Save'. 

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

BloomingLoopy
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem as EMFields.

I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread...

Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too

MollySummer
Contributor
Contributor

I recently placed an order after creating a paypal account and discovered that i needed to complete my account with a confirmation email. However I have not recieved this email, so I requested a new one several times. Still nothing - in both my inbox and junk mail.

Will this affect my order?

Is this why my order says that it's still processing?

Kind Regards,
Molly

Login to Me Too

pacificsun1
Contributor
Contributor

This problem cost me money in the past.  I'm reluctant to use your service and haven't since experiencing this issue.  HAS THIS PROBLEM BEEN FIXED ?

Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

Delkevic
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to our Paypal rep today and it is a known problem with Paypal systems.  He said it is a high priority issue but they didn't have an estimated date that it would be fixed.

Login to Me Too

Audax
New Community Member

We are having the same problem, and it started about two weeks ago. I get some service messages from Paypal that include invoice payments and I just received a webform message. What has dissapeared are the payment notifications which come from a specific address at Paypal (which I am not allowed to post here).

I have made no changes to our account settings. The fact that some emails are coming through shows that setup is correct. What has happened to payment notifications?

Chris

Login to Me Too

Jennifer6503
Contributor
Contributor

We also stopped getting payment and invoice notification by email two weeks ago.  I call a week ago, and PayPal said they were aware of this and are working on it.  Sounds like it happens a lot.  Not getting any answers from PayPal in this forum.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.