Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

Debiuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I just got off the phone with PayPal's tech department and was told the problem should be up and running as normal by the end of this week.  Now, this is not a one off, it has been happening, from what I can see, since 2010.  As everyone has said, it makes it extremely difficult when your customers are not getting their invoices, you are not getting invoices you have to pay and you are not getting payment information.  I mentioned that we are expected to pay our fees so we should be getting a better service. The Technician told me they are not obliged to send out the emails they do it as a courtesy.  Right.............no comment.  Now, on to eBay to find out what is happeing on their site!

Login to Me Too

kat_eyz_capos
Contributor
Contributor

Same boat as everyone else.  I get a quick pop up that says I had a sale but no e-mails regarding it.  Been happening last few days.  Almost cost me business but I was able to contact the buyer to explain why I was slow in reacting.  Is this going to be fixed soon?

Login to Me Too

MonicaM

I haven't been receiving my notifications since mid September. I've called support and was told I needed to check my hosting. I have e-mailed myself, had others e-mail me and I receive all other e-mails but Paypal's. I hope they fix this issue ASAP. I hate not knowing when sales are going into my account and I miss seeing my transactions being made. It is important that this is fixed immediately. I'm suprised how many of you are just having this problem and I've called twice so far about it in the past month.

Login to Me Too

JDMicros
Contributor
Contributor

Same as everyone else.

Haven't received a confirmation email since 8th October.  Extremely annoying having to go into Paypal account each day (once I'd realised there was a problem when irate customers contacted me).

Please get this sorted out, Paypal?

Login to Me Too

sjlocke

I've had this same issue since mid-September, and am just now taking the time to look at it.  I have my domain at bluehost.  My paypal emails go to an address under that domain.  There is a forwarder set up to send them to my yahoo address.  I can see the paypal emails have arrived, because they are sitting in my webmailbox on my bluehost cpanel.  However, they don't get forwarded.  As well, there are some junk emails that aren't being forwarded either.

I can send myself an email from my yahoo address to my domain address, and it gets forwarded back to my yahoo, so I know it works.  Also tested with google and works.  But the paypal notifications are not coming through.  This stopped abruptly in mid-September, like I said.

Login to Me Too

JDMicros
Contributor
Contributor

I've found the same thing.  Spoke to Paypal who confirmed that emails have been sent from their end.  We have just changed our domain name to a new host and the emails have started again.  Our emails were also being forwarded by our old host to gmail.  They must have thrown a switch or something and stopped them!  Anyway, new host, full email service from Paypal has resumed.  So problem not with Paypal after all.  Relieved...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.