New PayPal Policy Update

pja
Contributor
Contributor

I've just received an email from PP saying there are yet more policy updates. When I followed the link in the email it goes to a page that is the equivalent of 18 A4 pages of fine print, mostly legal gobbledygook. How am I, a layman, supposed to plough my way through all that, let alone understand it in its full legal sense?

Haven't PP ever heard of the Plain English Campaign? At least summarise the most important changes in a few, clear, easily understandable sentences even if they have to publish all the rest to satisfy their lawyers.

Is it going to cost me more to buy something from an eBay seller?

Is it going to cost me more to sell something on eBay?

Is it going to cost me more to buy something directly from third party?

I have used PP to send a cash payment to a third party for an entrance fee to a meeting, is this

• still allowed?
  • going to cost me more?
  • going to cost them more?

These are the questions that need plain simple answers up front, not 18 pages os fine print..

Notice I've  never said "cost me less" cynic that I am.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not quite bedtime reading is it? But i did manage to pick out some salient points and scroll past the "country lists" etc.

Paypal obviously have lots of lawyer with time on their hands. Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pja
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, you can get some idea by attempting ot read it and as far as I can see there is little impact on me personally. It appears to be mostly concerrned with the transfer of money between countries, but I maintain that it is virtually impossible for a layman to properly grasp all the implications of that document. How can I tell that what I read on page one does not have some exception (read get out clause) on page 12?

I am also not too surprised that no-one from PP has bothered to comment on my post.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.