New Bank Card???

CkPie
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, So I have received a new bank card via the post. I have a couple of questions about this...

Befor I add it to paypal, do I need to physically use the card first? (I.E Use it at an ATM?)

Also, when I add it to paypal will I be able to use it straight away? It's not a new bank account, it's just a new card. So will it do all that "we will add 2 amounts into your account which you must confirm"

I need to pay for things really soon via paypal, so wanted to know if I add the card today, can I use it today?

Thanks everyone, I'll look forward to your replies.

Chantelle x

Also... I am still waiting for money to go out of my bank account for thinkgs I have just paid for.

Would removing that account and adding the new one make a difference to this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi CkPie, 

If you have received a new debit card then all you will need to do is go to your Profile and add it as a new card. Once added you can then remove the old card. You will not need to amend your bank account details itself as your debit card is registered separately on your PayPal account. Once updated your PayPal account will run as it did before.

I hope this helps and thanks for your post 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi CkPie, 

If you have received a new debit card then all you will need to do is go to your Profile and add it as a new card. Once added you can then remove the old card. You will not need to amend your bank account details itself as your debit card is registered separately on your PayPal account. Once updated your PayPal account will run as it did before.

I hope this helps and thanks for your post 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Youngcharlton
New Community Member

Paypal_Laura,

I had a new card recently (my old one expired on 9/12, so my new one is valid from 8/12 to 9/15 - I tried to update this card, but it told me the card was out of date, and then paypal removed the card (without my request) - I've tried to add my new card, but it is still telling me that its out of date! I've just bought something on eBay and need to pay, please help asap!

This is how I became a complete technophobe!

Alex

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Youngcharlton, 

If you have received a new card then I would recommend that you go to your Profile section and add it as a new card. When a card expires we will generally remove it as it is no longer valid as a funding source. 

If the number is the same as the old card number you can still add it as a new card once the old card (expired card) has been removed. 

Thanks for your post and I hope this helps resolve it for you. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

irishruth78
Contributor
Contributor

I too received my new bank card and I removed my old card details and entered my new ones...do I have to enter or wait any new confirmation codes? Ebay will not let me buy anyhting as it says there is a problem with my paypal account..ive tried updating as many details as i can. 

Login to Me Too

pudsey
New Community Member

Hi 

I`m not very good with my IQ and find instructions to follow really hard. However I have a new card have updated the details but the card is in my friends address & not my home address. The reason for this I have marriage problems :-s I have an outstanding £100 to paypal .... so any deleting until balance is paid . I have remailed Paypal explaining ... they sent me an email just referring that a new card had been placed ...but yet when I go to pay this outstanding balance ...my old card is still there .....& nothing about my new card ..Please help I do need to sort this out asap  

Many thanks Lisa

Login to Me Too

magbar-2007
New Community Member

ive tried registering new card but wont let me.

Login to Me Too

Ludlow03
New Community Member
Hi, I've had a replacement card through, because the strip was the old one. It still worked online, but not in shops and was due to expire in 2 mths anyway. I've tried adding my replacement card and am repeatedly told it isn't valid. I removed the other card and tried again, with the same result. Is it a problem with the card?? Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Ludlow03,

Sorry to hear you are having issues adding your new card. It sounds like the card may need to be activated. If you have already activiated and it is still not working for you then I would recommend to contact the online authorisation department at your bank to see what is happening with it. They should be able to resolve it for you.

Thanks for posting

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.