Name change- sign up error

C_rose
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there im new to PayPal, recently created an account so I could pay for something that required online payment since I dont have a credit or debit card. However when I try to add funds to my PayPal account, I ALWAYS get an email saying that nationwide has declined my request. 

I soon discovered that this is because my PayPal sign up name is my full name first name, but the name on my bank account is only my intials C R and my last name. I urgently need to correct this so that I can withdraw from my bank to paypal, as the thing I am trying to pay for MUST be payed by the end of May. 

When I tried to change the name on my PayPal profile to just C R, it tells me that you need me to fax you some documents. I dont have a fax machine, and I dont know if I have time for that to process before the payment needs to be sent. It is NOT a major name, simply a change from full name to initials. No last name change due to marriage or anything like that.

PLEASE HELP.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK can't help you with the name change thing but check back tomorrow when the moderators should be back posting.

But can i say that you don't need to upload funds to your paypal account to pay for items.

If you have your bank account verified on paypal then you can just go ahead and pay and the amount will be taken straight from your bank account.

However i should add that if you don't have a debit or credit card on file with paypal as well the payment will  go as an echeque and take a few days to clear through to the seller. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

C_rose
Contributor
Contributor

The echeque thing is how I tried it before and I got an email saying that Nationwide declined it.

Login to Me Too

C_rose
Contributor
Contributor

Just bumping this as im running out of time. This is the message I keep getting:

You recently tried to transfer funds from your Nationwide bank account.

Nationwide declined your funds transfer.

Because Nationwide declined your transfer, this transaction has been cancelled.

Yours sincerely, 

PayPal
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey C_Rose, 

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this. 

If you have opened your PayPal account in your initials, you would need to provide us with a photo id and a proof of address and then we can have the name updated on your PayPal account. If you have a scanner or a digital camera, you can scan or take a picture of the documents and then go to the following webpage in order to upload the documentation to us. https://www.paypal.co.uk/namechange

It sounds to me that your bank have refused our request to debit funds from your account as there is a discrepency with the name on your PayPal account and the name registered on your bank account. You would need to provide the documentation to us and we can then update your name. Once this has been done, you can try completing the verification process on your bank account again and you should be able to make payments without any problems.

I hope this helps to get your issue that you are having with your bank account resolved.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.