Moving countries and transferring funds from old account to new

joemac1
New Community Member

Hi,

I moved to Sweden 5 years ago, during this time i havent used my Paypal account much....i now dont seem to be able to upgrade my account and change the nationality on it and bank account....HELP!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

joemac1
New Community Member

Also, when i try to create a new account (as advised on here), paypal recognises my email address, tells me i already have an account (uh, yes) and that i need to login to that one...

I need  to be able to register my new swedish bank account/card and to transfer funds from my old UK Paypal account (my UK bank account long since closed)...

Please help!

@joemac1 wrote:

Hi,

I moved to Sweden 5 years ago, during this time i havent used my Paypal account much....i now dont seem to be able to upgrade my account and change the nationality on it and bank account....HELP!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there joemac1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

PayPal is a country-specific online banking system and our customers are allowed to register their PayPal account only in the Country they live in. At the same time, you will not be able to have two PayPal accounts with the same email address. 

In general, we suggest our customers that they close the account registered in the Country they don't live in anymore and use their email to open a new PayPal account. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the Country of your current account.

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.