Moved to a new country...

thekingofpop198
New Community Member

Hi, i've moved from England to the USA. I wanted to add my American bank card to my UK account but couldn't because i couldn't put in my American address along with the card details. So i called paypal USA to see what i could do but they said i needed to close my British account and open an american one. But i can't close my british one, when i try, it keeps saying 'this can't be done, try again later' all the time. I don't wanna open an email just for a paypal account, its really inconvenient. And i can't call the british customer service from here. What can i do? Does anyone have an email address i can contact the UK paypal on? Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thekingofpop198

You are supposed to remove all financial info and withdraw any funds and close your account BEFORE you move. Then you open another one in your new country.

If you try and close it whilst you are in another country paypal security may kick in as they think your account has been hijacked and used in another country and they will want identification information from you.

Your best bet is to just open another one where you are with a new email addy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

twohottwo_handl
New Community Member

I would also appreciate an answer.

I need to do the same, living state side n can't update my address and new card details.

Pleasecan anyone help us. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.