Making a paypal account after perma limit of another account sharing the same adress

OG21
Contributor
Contributor

a few months ago my brother's account got permanently limited because he violated paypal's ToS and he used our family's adress in his billing information does that make me unable to make myself an account ? because i don't want my account to get limited too getting my credit card/bank account banned from paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@OG21

@OG21 wrote:

a few months ago my brother's account got permanently limited because he violated paypal's ToS and he used our family's adress in his billing information does that make me unable to make myself an account ? because i don't want my account to get limited too getting my credit card/bank account banned from paypal

Hi there,

I have looked into this and can provide some clarification on the matter.

If someone at your home address has had their PayPal account limited, it would be considered that all residents at the address are not permitted to open a new PayPal account. Whilst there is no automatic block to prevent it, there would be a high-risk flag on your account which could later lead to a permanent limitation unless your brother's issues with them are resolved.

More severe cases, such as someone at your address owing debt to PayPal or participating in fraudulent activity would most certainly prevent further PayPal use within the household and measures are in place to detect further use. 

In short, by opening a new account from that address, you are in breach of the User Agreement and may face a limitation upon further review. If you have a bank account or credit card linked, these will also be locked and will not be removable unless otherwise authorized.

I hope that this has provided some further insight.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@OG21

@OG21 wrote:

Hi there,

I have looked into this and can provide some clarification on the matter.

If someone at your home address has had their PayPal account limited, it would be considered that all residents at the address are not permitted to open a new PayPal account. Whilst there is no automatic block to prevent it, there would be a high-risk flag on your account which could later lead to a permanent limitation unless your brother's issues with them are resolved.

More severe cases, such as someone at your address owing debt to PayPal or participating in fraudulent activity would most certainly prevent further PayPal use within the household and measures are in place to detect further use. 

In short, by opening a new account from that address, you are in breach of the User Agreement and may face a limitation upon further review. If you have a bank account or credit card linked, these will also be locked and will not be removable unless otherwise authorized.

I hope that this has provided some further insight.

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.