I stopped my Paypal direct debit by mistake and now I cannot reestablish it again

uksergio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Going through my bank statement I found Paypal was shown as a direct debit and as I thought direct debits were regular, I thought it would be an error and didn't want any monthly payments to be taken from it, so I cancelled it by mistake.

Now I have a payment that didn't go through because of this and I have no direct link between Paypal and my account. I cannot confirm my direct debit again and I cannot add any cards either.

I changed my billing address at my UK bank a few days ago to a Spanish billing address so I am not sure if this might be the reason why it is not working?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Anna

Hi uksergio,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

The reason why you can add any cards or re-activate the Direct Debit is the most likely the address change. Please note that PayPal is country specific and you can add only UK addresses to your UK PayPal account. Additionally the address must match the address registered on your local bank account.

If you wish to solve the issue please make sure to add the correct, local address matching the address you have registered on your bank account.

If you live temporarily in Spain, and you wish to use your local Spanish card, you should be able to create a Spanish PayPal account for that purpose.

However, if you have moved to Spain permanently and you no longer have UK bank account, it would be recommended for you to close the UK PayPal account and register Spanish PayPal account.

If you need any further assistance, please consider calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media. You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

uksergio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Anna and thank you for your response.

I understand what you say, however people's lives are far more complex than that. I still hold a UK bank account and I still want my current Paypal account to be linked to that UK bank account. The address at my bank was changed to my current house in Spain as I have now moved here for some time, however I still hold that UK account and I want my account to be linked as previously (I have lived in Spain for different periods of time recently and my Paypal and UK bank account have been linked without any type of problems). It is just now I mistakenly cancelled my direct debit, so it is causing me a huge issue as regular payments I have are not going through and it needs to be solved.

Please let me know how this can get fixed. Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.