I cant link my bank card :(

Loulou2787
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

Please help I have spent hours trying to find a way of linking my bank card but it says theres a paypal service error please try later. It said this the last couple of days when i tried too??

I have added my card and had typed the 4 digit number in, they took a £1 off me but it didnt go back?? I am trying to link my bank card to see if that is the problem but as i state above it wont let me....

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry your post is confusing, you say you have linked the card and put in the 4 digit code so what is the problem?? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Loulou2787
Contributor
Contributor

basically where it says debit and credit cards it has my card linked but above that where it says bank accounts i press link and type in my card number but it says server error?

Login to Me Too

Loulou2787
Contributor
Contributor

also when i try and transfer the money to my account it tells me to add a bank card?

Im worried i wont get my money as the £1 that i should have got back on verification i didnt get either, they debited it but never credited it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That is because you have not added your actual bank account but your card.

There are 3 funding options.

1. Add your bank account and set up the direct debit mandate and pay direct from your bank account.

2. Add your debit card and pay from that via your bank account.

3. Add a c.c. and pay via that. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Loulou2787
Contributor
Contributor

ok so what do i do so that it will allow me to transfer and also pay for things please?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Replying to your later post.

You can only add or withdraw funds from your paypal account by adding the actual bank account and setting up the direct debit mandate.

HOWEVER you don't need that if you are just buying, if you have your debit account linked then they will take direct from that and you don't need to "add" funds to your paypal balance.

As for your £1 it takes about a week to credit back to the card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Loulou2787
Contributor
Contributor

ok thanks... im not buying i have sold some things and the money is just on my paypal. Do i need to do anything in order to be able to get the money sent to my account and pay ebay fees?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you read my post above i stated that to add or withdraw funds you need to actually add your bank account......not debit card.......and set up the direct debit mandate.

You can do this by clicking on the withdraw funds tab and following the on screen prompts.

HOWEVER if you wish to just leave it in your paypal balance it will be used next time you buy something and use paypal to pay for it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your ebay fees are invoiced to you monthly and if you have set it to be paid by paypal will be deducted direct from your debit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.