I Haven't Received Two Small Payments

SuzieF
Contributor
Contributor

I already have my credit card linked to my PayPal account, but last week tried to add my current account. All bank details are correct but I have been waiting for over a week for the two small amounts to appear in my account so that I can confirm my bank account. I am checking my online bank statement daily but so far nothing - how long am I expected to wait?

Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

PayPal_paula

Hi SuzieF,

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your random deposits in to your bank account. Generally it takes around five working days for the deposits to show on your statement. I would firstly check your PayPal account to ensure that you have initiated the deposits. If they have been initiated and five working days have passed I would consider contacting your bank to see if the deposits may be pending and waiting to be added to your bank account.

If your bank are unable to locate them please contact us as they may need to be initiated again.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

SuzieF
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry Paula

I'm not sure what you mean by when you say " I would firstly check your PayPal account to ensure that you have initiated the deposits. If they have been initiated and five working days have passed I would consider contacting your bank to see if the deposits may be pending and waiting to be added to your bank account."

Where do I go to initiate the payments? I thought I merely had to wait now for PayPal to deposit the two small amounts.

Details in my PayPal profile give my current bank account status as 'Unconfirmed'  - Deposits Not Sent.

On your own link, this status is described as - "Unconfirmed: Deposits Not Sent
You have not yet begun the confirmation process. Select your bank account and click Confirm to begin the confirmation process."

Yet when I follow these instructions and click Confirm, in the Three Easy Steps section, it merely tells me that PayPal will deposit two small amounts. I seem to be going around in circles. I am checking my online bank statements daily.

Having read reports by several members I appear not to be the only one suffering this problem. I'm not usually so thick but this whole fiasco has left me feeling that way!!

Login to Me Too

dzinae
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. 

My paypal account states that the Deposits were sent, and I still haven't received them.  Any resolutions for this?  Is there a way to remove the half-added account, and try adding it again? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Your issue sounds different actually, you have actually submitted the Direct Debit form, the previous poster hadn't done this yet.

I'd say the major issue here is waiting for the banks to process the payments, bearing in mind it takes about 3 working days (often 4 according to quite a few people) for the deposits to appear and the fact that we've had a lot of bank holidays recently I say they simply haven't appeared in your bank balance yet.

Login to Me Too

unome10
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to complete setting up Paypal but i have not yet recieved the two deposits that are required in order to complete this process.  When i go to confirm my bank, it says the deposits where sent on the 13th of April. I've double checked and i definately entered the right bank details. Any idea on when they will arrive?

Login to Me Too

mumandshanny11
Contributor
Contributor

can you please advice me on the small amounts that was supposed to have been sent to my bank ive not recived them yet and it says it was sent on the 13th april

Login to Me Too

SuzieF
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem & eventually Paula from PayPal Community rang me. This was my response  when David came back with a typed reply, hope it helps -

Thanks for your reply to my query. I have already spoken to Paula on this and have now set up my bank details. The two small amounts are showing on my profile as having been sent and I am waiting for my bank to pay them in. If they are not there by tomorrow (Friday), then I will chase them.

One thing I will say, (and I told Paula this), is that I find the instructions on the PayPal 'Three Easy Steps' page rather confusing; and judging by the number of other members who seem to be having the same problem, it would seem I am not the only one! I feel a slight amemdment might make it easier for members to get setup more easily.

Software applications & instructions are not unfamiliar to me as I used to train users on software and write instructions for a living. Can I suggest the instructions on the 'Three Easy Steps' page should read -

Step 2

Log onto your PayPal account, click the Set up Direct Debit link then enter the account & address details of your bank. Clicking the Confirm link once this has been done.

Step 3

Check your bank statement or call your bank in 2-3 working days to find out the exact amounts of these two deposits. Once these are known, log onto your PayPal account, click the Set up Direct Debit link and enter these amounts.

Many thanks for all your help

Sue

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback SuzieF. I will pass it on to the relevant people so that we can try to get this introduced at some stage in the future.

If anyone is still unsure exactly why the deposits may not have been sent yet, you need to click on the Set up Direct Debit link. This is after you click the Confirm option beside the bank account on your Profile. From here, you will need to fill out a form including your banks address. Once this has been submitted, the random deposits should be sent to your bank account within 2 to 3 working days.

I have been told a few times in the past that this isn't made clear on the website so I will pass everyones feedback on to the relevant people to see if we can have this changed.

Before your bank account is verified, you do have the ability to withdraw funds from your PayPal account to your bank account. The only thing that you can't do is send a payment funded from your bank account using the direct debit.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

ptree987

It's now the end of August, and the Paypal instructions for setting up the verification process is exactly the same as in April...

I have been waiing for over 2 WEEKS for the deposits to be sent, and only realised that the DD instruction needs to be filled in FIRST by reading this forum!

Come on, Paypal, get that set of instructions changed pronto, it is so unclear as to be totally opaque. I am starting a business and cannot sell properly until verified. This debacle is costing me sales and money.

HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE NEED TO BE INCONVENIENCED BEFORE YOU WILL PROVIDE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS?

I'm now off to fill out the DD form...

A very disgruntled ptree987

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.